SUNNY MOVERS will take the hassle out of your moving process. We understand the stress and emotions involved in moving and will strive to make it the best experience possible. We do everything possible to take worry and stress out.
Please use these helpful tips to accelerate your move (and thus reduce your cost): Moving can be stressful and the best way packing is having the right packing materials.
If you choose to do your own packing, please use our moving tips to help you get started . Sunny movers can help you settle in by unpacking your cartons, and removing the packing materials.
*** Helpful Moving Tips ***
- Make your moving arrangements as far ahead of your moving date as possible.
- If you plan to do your own packing, start well in advance of your moving date. This avoids the last minute "packing rush".
- Extremely fragile items such as glass, mirrors and pictures should be professionally packed or crated.
- Open Liquids shouldn't be shipped as they can leak and cause damage to your shipment.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes (example: books in 2 cubic foot boxes, pots & small appliances in 4 cubic boxes.)
- If possible, pack stereos, TV’s, and computers in their original boxes with their original packing material.
- Mark each box with an inventory list and destination room. This way your movers will know where each box belongs at your new home. (example: master bedroom, kitchen, basement, garage, etc.)
- Always stack dishes upward when packing.
- Set up a specific area in your home for all items not to be MOVED and inform your movers of this area.
- Arrange to have all your major appliances disconnected and serviced before your moving date.
- Defrost your refrigerator and freezer the day before moving (freezers must be empty at time of loading.)
- Dispose of all flammables such as matches, aerosols, fuels and propane tanks before your moving date.
- It is not necessary to empty dresser drawers, but remove all fragile items and liquids.
- Be sure to pack important and memorable documents in a separate box for example; health insurance, family records, passports, photo albums and jewelry for easy accessibility.
- Contact your Moving Consultant 2 to 3 days prior to your move to confirm and review all final details of your move.
- Review the list of your goods (Inventory Form) with your movers and their condition at the time of loading.
- Complete a walk through of your home to ensure all items have been removed (check closets, cupboards, behind doors, etc.)
- Before your movers completes loading, give him/her a phone number where you can be reached once you leave.
- Check your Inventory Forms with the movers as your goods are unloaded. Make sure any missing items are identified and removed from the truck before crew depart.
- Keep a copy of your contract (Bill of Lading), as most moves are tax deductible. Ask your Moving Consultant for more information.